Thursday, November 10, 2011

The wine-making has begun!

The persimmons have all fallen from the tree, and I've culled them to attempt a new type of wine.  I'm documenting the process of the intimidating task of making persimmon peach and persimmon wines.  I'll provide my "recipe" as well when the event is through.  It should prove to be interesting.  I can't wait to see the end result.  As of now, the persimmon looks like vomit, but the persimmon peach looks to have a pretty golden color to it.  I can't wait to see what it'll look like later.  The persimmon always ends up with a light yellow-orange, sometimes even white, color.  Mine ends up the darker color because I keep the persimmon pulp in for a week, rather than strain it the first day.  Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know I've started!

No comments:

Post a Comment