Thursday, August 27, 2009

Movie of the Week: Inglourious Basterds

Quentin Tarantino does it again with his recent film Inglourious Basterds, and this may be my favorite yet. With two women who are key to the plot, Tarantino makes me fall in love with his films that ooze feminism with badass women. Diane Kruger and Mélanie Laurent are fantastic. I miss seeing them already. And Brad Pitt is actually tolerable as Lt. Aldo Raine. I've never been a fan, but he was brilliantly hilarious as the hillbilly Nazi killer. Amazing performances by everyone, and subtly funny. Brilliant dialogue, and the end makes me wish that it's actually how things went down. Somehow in Tarantino films I can laugh, cringe, and grasp my chair all at once. I could've done with less scalping, but I dealt. Seriously, guys, this may make my top ten movies list. See it. Enjoy it. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment