Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Summer Watching List: A Reflection

Well nerds, it's fall (or autumn, if you prefer) and that means summer time is over. The end of summer brings many things, including new episodes of our favorite shows (yay!). While this is good news, the good thing about the summer months and no new episodes (save summer series) is that it gives me the opportunity to watch shows I haven't had the time to watch. This summer I invested my time into two t.v. series: Weeds and Supernatural.

Catching up on a t.v. series such as these (both in their fifth season this year) can be taxing. For me, every free half hour or hour I could find was devoted to getting caught up to where the new episodes are. It's an enjoyable experience most of the time, until it gets to the point where it starts to feel like a job. But, if it's a good show like these you're happy to get up and go to work.

Although Weeds is a summer series I was able to watch seasons 1 through 4 in enough time to begin watching new episodes halfway through season 5. I adore this show and have come to realize that I will love any show with a group of dysfunctional characters.

Last week I finished season 4 of Supernatural and I am totally invested in the show now. I love the characters, but most importantly I love that I can sit back and watch the show without easily predicting what will happen next.

There are more shows on my list, but I'll be taking a break from it for a while. Up next are It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Damages and Bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment